Current research shows that when a Trojan Horse Malware program is released onto the Internet that it takes only 20 minutes for it to find and gain access to an unprotected host. Vaztech Computer Repair provides services to help keep your equipment protected from virus and malware. We offer services to help restore your system after a virus or malware attack. We can help to protect and restore computers, laptops, and mobile devices such as tablets, and smartphones.
Not all infestations from virus or malware is immediately noticeable. In fact, most spyware, malware, and viruses do not wish to be discovered. The longer spyware can remain undetected, the greater value it is for its creator. Spyware is tricky and sophisticated. Keyloggers, which are a form of spyware, actually log every keystroke that you use. These programs are used to steal your passwords, credit card information, bank account information, and even your social security number. So the power that an undetected infestation can have is significant.
Here are a few signs that you might have an infestation:
- You type a web address into your browser, but are redirected to a site that is not related. Or you click a link to go one place but arrive some place altogether different.
- You are suddenly plagued by pop up advertisements, despite the fact that your firewall is set to block pop-ups.
- Your computer is flashing warning from your OS often. Sometimes you will receive error messages that are actually advertisements.
- You are asked to pay a fee or sometimes a fine to access your own computer. These requests seem authentic and may attempt to appear to be from Apple, or Microsoft, or even your Internet Service Provider.
- You log into your computer only to find that your homepage is not the same as it used to be.
Malware is very tricky. It is often produced and upgraded as fast as security technology changes. It is important that all devices, computers and laptops have some form of antivirus, antimalware software installed.
Vaztech Computer Repair offers antivirus and antimalware services, installation, and recovery services for our Montebello customers and the fine people of Los Angeles County. If you have questions about a potential infestation, please give us a call or stop by our store. We are happy to answer all of your questions.